Kawasaki KFX 400
MSRP: $5,799 :: Call 1-800-556-3098 for our special discount pricing.
The KFX®400 is for serious sport riders who demand high-performance for the track, trails and dunes. And the KFX400 delivers, thanks to its high-tech, four-stroke engine, manual transmission, lightweight racing-type chassis and disc brakes.
This four-wheeled Kawasaki is propelled by a highly responsive 398cc, liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine with double overhead cams and four valves atop a chrome composite-plated aluminum alloy cylinder. Fed by a 37mm high-performance carburetor, it includes electric start and has a counterbalancer to reduce vibration.
The KFX400 engine utilizes a “dry sump” design, shortening overall engine height so it can be placed lower in the chassis for enhanced stability while providing higher ground clearance.
Transmitting power from the engine to the rear wheels is a high-performance five-speed-plus-reverse manual transmission and efficient O-ring chain.
Such power requires a chassis to match, so the KFX400 ATV engine rides in a high-tensile steel frame and subframe. Suspension duties are handled by dual front A-arms with fully adjustable shocks that provide 8.5 inches of travel, while an aluminum-alloy swingarm with fully adjustable shock provides 9.1 inches of travel on the rear. Contributing to the KFX400's low, 373-pound dry weight are competition-inspired aluminum-alloy wheels, and stopping power is provided by dual front disc brakes and a single rear disc brake.
As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki encourages ATV riders to ride responsibly and to respect the environment. Kawasaki will pay first-time buyers of a new Kawasaki ATV $100 for completing an ATV rider safety course conducted by the ATV Safety Institute (ASI). Interested consumers can call ASI toll-free at 800-887-2887.
Kawasaki KFX 400 Features
- High-performance four-stroke engine delivers exceptionally broad torque curve for maximum traction for a variety of sport-riding conditions
- Twin air intakes on the front fenders provide extra cooling to the radiator
- Dry-sump lubrication allows the engine to be kept low in the chassis for superior weight distribution and handling while providing higher ground clearance
- 37mm carburetor increases engine performance
- Electric start makes getting started easy
- Five-speed manual transmission helps the rider keep the engine in the powerband
- Reverse gear makes backing up convenient and easy
- Efficient chain final drive provides maximum power to the rear wheel
- Swingarm utilizes eccentric chain adjusters, making chain adjustment easier
- Dual A-arm front suspension and rear swingarm help to soak up the bumps and jumps
- Front shocks feature fully adjustable compression and rebound damping as well as adjustable preload for multiple suspension tuning options
- Triple disc brakes provide exceptional stopping power
- Dual halogen headlights brighten the path for nighttime riding
- Serrated steel footpegs help to keep the rider's feet from slipping in wet or muddy riding conditions
Kawasaki KFX 400 Specifications
Engine: Liquid-cooled, four-stroke, single cylinder with DOHC and four-valves
Carburetion: Mikuni BSR37
Transmission: Five-speed-plus-reverse manual, multi-plate wet clutch
Final drive: #520 O-ring chain
Frame type: High-tensile tubular steel alloy
Front suspension / wheel travel: Dual A-arms with coil-over-shock, adjustable preload / 8.3 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Swingarm with preload-adjustable shock / 9.1 in.
Front tires: 22x7-10 radial
Rear tires: 20x10-9 radial
Front brakes / rear brake: Dual hydraulic discus / Disc
Overall length: 72.0 in.
Overall width: 45.9 in.
Wheelbase: 49.0 in.
Ground clearance: 10.4 in.
Lighting: Dual 30W halogen
Dry weight: 373 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 2.6 gal.
Footpegs: Serrated steel
Colors: Kawasaki Lime Green, Blazing Orange
*Specifications are subject to change.
Kawasaki KFX 400 ATV Warranty
The Kawasaki KFX 400 is eligible for Kawasaki's Good Times Protection Plan extended warranty. Call 1-800-556-3098 for the special discounted price or click here for more information on the Kawasaki Extended Warranty.
Your new KFX 400 ATV comes with Kawasaki's 6-month/unlimited mileage limited factory warranty. You can extend your coverage inexpensively with the Kawasaki Extended Warranty.
Kawasaki Extended Warranty Up to Four Years Additional Coverage
Let Kawasaki protect your new KFX 400 for years to come with the exclusive Good Times Protection Plan Kawasaki Extended Warranty. This plan repairs or replaces most components free of charge if found defective in material or workmanship. Everything about the plan is easy: There's no deductible. It's honored at every authorized Kawasaki ATV dealer nationwide. Want to ensure that your KFX 400 is worth top dollar when you're ready to upgrade? The Good Times Protection Plan is easily transferred to another owner with no fee. Call 1-800-556-3098 to buy additional coverage of 24 to 48 months at a special discounted price. Imagine, for just pennies a day, you can ride with no worry and no hassle.
Kawasaki KFX 400 Parts and Accessories
The critics love the Kawasaki ATV because it's got far more available accessories than the competition. Customers love Beartooth Kawasaki because we offer all of the OEM accessories at a fraction of list price. Call 1-800-556-3098 to order your Kawasaki ATV accessory or check the Kawasaki ATV Accessory page for more information.